Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Deep Sigh

Well one weight has been lifted off my shoulders and another one added. I guess that's just life right?
The fall term of preschool had an opening for Christian so he could continue where he is and you all know how much I LOVE this daycare/preschool.  But there was one catch, it was only for four days a week, not Wednesdays, because they were full.  So I went ahead and told them I wanted the fall term and would have to find another place for just Wednesdays.  Well the fall term is fast approaching and I thought the other day, I better get moving on finding a place because time was flying by. So I started putting feelers out and was getting very nervous about finding a place.  I sent an email to the preschool to confirm we had the fall spot.  She then told me that things had changed and she had the whole week available for him!!!  YAY!!!!!  A weight lifted :)

Now for the other weight being dropped. Things around the house have decided to break down all at the same time and as you would know it, they are the expensive things.  And here I was thinking, silly me, that I would start looking into the possibility of getting a smart phone. Not now. It could always be worse so I'm going to stop complaining about it now.

Christian has a sinus infection but you can't tell it by his mood, he's his normal busy funny self.  He's had a runny nose for awhile due to allergies but the "stuff" went from yellow to green today. So off the Urgent Care to confirm he has a sinus infection. Mommy is so smart :)  He was everywhere and into everything in the exam room!  They really should make those rooms childproof.  Off to Walgreens to fill the scrip and he turned into a crazy man, I have no idea what happened.  He was pulling things off the shelves, wanting everything he saw, went from talking loud to yelling to loudly crying.  I went up and down every aisle trying to distract him only to make a pass by the check out window for them to tell me that the Urgent Care had prescribed an antibiotic that wasn't covered by insurance.  So they were calling them to get it changed, blah, blah, blah. What this meant for me was more strolling up and down the aisles spreading the sounds of a screaming crying child throughout the store for not just one area to enjoy, but for all the occupants of the store to enjoy.  I was mortified, mad, tired and everything I tried only made it worse.  I went to the window to tell them that I would be back later and they said it would only be two more minutes.  LIARS!

It was 10 minutes later and pure agony.  A lady tried to help calm him down and then a little old man tried to distract Christian by showing him his cane, offered him his eye glasses, etc. He was so cute but Christian wasn't falling for it.  Finally our name is called, the gal checks us out at the speed of lightning and out the door we go and you just know what happened next. Yep, he calmed right down.  Can anyone tell me what is up
with that???  So home to dinner, bath and bed which went reasonably well based on the earlier experience.

I am tired and will be going to bed early to dream about winning the lottery to pay for my broken down house stuff. Come on number 5, my powerball number!
~Amy

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I've been busy and I've missed a lot LOL! So glad the day care is as good as you hoped and that they have openings for the whole week next year. I know money is tight now but I promise you you will never be sorry you stayed there. I too always feel like I can finally breathe a sigh of relief and then something else comes up. The tax credit this year really helped in that department though so hold on another year and you will be able to breathe a little easier.

    Glad your 4th went well. I find a little preparation goes a long way. Kids get more than we think they do.

    And yes, I can never understand why Zachary is so loud and crazy and then when someone asks him a question he hides behind me.

    Hope Christian feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete