Saturday, June 12, 2010

Third Referral

Well I received my third referral last week and have been doing alot of legwork on the medical backgrounds.  They gave me a small amount of information but said that based on my last experience with the other two referrals, I could send a list of questions. So I made my list of questions, sent it off, waited 4 days and received the answers. I promptly sent all this to my independent international adoption doctor in St. Louis for evaluation.  I spoke with her last night and funny thing, the issues that I was concerned about she wasn't because of how Russia names their medical conditions. Then the things I wasn't overly concerned about, she was. There were also some discrepancies in the information they gave me. So I made another list of questions and also a list of developmental milestones the doctor gave me, to see if they will provide the answers. So based on what they provide, I may be traveling to Russia again soon. 

I am getting frustrated with this whole process but understand this is the way it runs and I have to have patience and endurance.  I just don't want to turn down another child but I also know I cannot bring home a child that I am not equipped to raise appropriately.  I keep praying for a healthy child!
~Amy

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amy, Waiting w/bated breath with you!
    I also hope this is the one...
    hugs,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about getting the perfect child - there is no such thing. Our IA doctor told us our child was fantastic, and I was like, "really?". But she is just fine, it is a crazy process, but in the end, you have to be ready for a bumpy journey - that's what parenthood is all about! :) Best of luck -

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you Amy during this stressful, wonderful, scary, exciting time!!! I hope you are able to find peace with your decision, no matter what it is. This is a difficult process, but I keep hoping the end result will be so worth it.

    ReplyDelete