Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Forgetfulness

I guess I am starting to show my age in the memory area.....or I just have too much going on at the same time.  I'm going with the latter.

Last week I was heading to a shopping center and took the wrong road.  Thankfully I realized what I had done in time to use cross streets to get to my destination.  It took me an extra 15 minutes but it could have been worse.

Then a few days ago it was raining and Christian was adamant about holding the umbrella. The only way this works so I get some coverage, is if I hold him and he holds the umbrella.  I hurry to the car, plop him in his seat and drop my bag and purse in. I can hear Christian hollering, not sure about what, but sometimes he gets annoyed with me for the smallest things, so I just ignored it and dashed around the car and dropped into the driver's seat.  After I took a deep breath, I focused in on what he was saying, turned around to see that I had not buckled him in! I was upset!  So back around the car I go, get him buckled in, kiss him over and over while I tell him what a good boy he is by telling Mommy he wasn't buckled in. Now I am extremely diligent and check it three times before I close his door.

We head to the store, the main purpose being to buy milk. You guessed it, I came home with other stuff but not the milk.

All day my subconscious was nagging at the edges of my memory, there was something I was supposed to do after work on Monday. I couldn't get it in focus in my mind and it was driving me crazy.  I picked up Christian, went home for supper, then to do laudry.  It was when I picked up a beach towel to put in the washer that it hit me.....swimming lessons!  Swimming lessons are on Monday nights and I totally forgot!  I said, "Oh!  I forgot your swimming lessons were tonight!"  With a disappointed voice, he said, "oh Mommy."  I felt terrible.  Of course, like most toddlers, he kept bringing it up over and over throughout the evening.  I even have it written in my calendar, but it does help if you look at the calendar.

So with my recent experiences, the odds are I will forget to take something to my family's for Thanksgiving.
My guardian angel's wings are frayed from flapping so hard lately :)

I am most thankful for my family and especially my miracle, Christian.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, safe travels.
~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment