Thursday, August 25, 2011

Love at First Sight

One year ago today, Christian and I met for the first time!  He was so adorable with the puzzled look on his face, in his mismatched clothes, shoes two sizes too big and that goofy pink girl's hat.  The memory will be with me for the rest of my life.

I remember having to bribe him with the music box to get him to sit on my lap, which only lasted a few minutes.  He would stand about six feet away from me, listening to the music, and when it wound down, he would come over to me, say "la, la, la", hand me the box to start it again.  We did this over and over and over, each time he would stand a little closer, until he was right by my knee.  I carefully set him on my lap, played the music over and over, until he lost that cautious look on his face.

That music box was our connection. When I went back on the second court trip, he took one look at the music box and ran to me to be picked up.  It was my lifeline to sanity when we were on that painful nine hour airplane ride home.  He carried it around every day for almost two months when we got home and then other toys took his attention.

Coincidentally, he discovered it this morning and just HAD to take it to school.  He played it over and over again in the car, to and from school, and this evening too.  Hearing that song and seeing him hold it, brought back so many memories.  It doesn't seem like he's been home for eight months already!

Finalizing details for his birthday party on Sunday!  I think I'm having more fun planning it than he will at the party :)
~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment