Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Clear Talking

It's like a switch was turned on and Christian is talking more and clearer too!  Of course he hasn't quite got down the whole "inside voice" concept, but at least I can understand him much better :) As expected, he struggles with the "S", "F" and the two letter groups "CH", "ST", "TH", etc.  (no I do not remember the proper grammer term for those two letter sounds)

I feel bad because he's been in the house so much the past few weeks due to the extreme heat.  I've been trying to find new things, and like I mentioned earlier, we did the play-doh thing.  He had so much fun!  I rationed the amount of each color so the whole can wouldn't be gray at the end.  He actually didn't want to mix them up, which surprised me.  I made a dog out of green and his ears, tail and legs were magenta.  It only took two bounces across the table before the legs fell off....oops!  He got the hang of it and started layering the colors.  I got a fork and bottle cap to make shapes and designs and then I broke out the cookie cutters.  We had Christmas play-doh cookies in July. So we'll probably do it again this weekend.

This past weekend we ran around town getting decorations and invitations for his birthday party the end of August.  I managed to find alot of things on sale and mostly exactly what I wanted, which is tough with me. I get these ideas in my head and then drive myself crazy trying to make them happen. This time is wasn't too tough! Due to his love of cars, I am doing a "Hot Wheels" theme.  I'm making cupcakes and putting a little hot wheels car on top of each of them. We have Hot Wheels invitations, plates and balloons and plain orange cups and napkins.  I couldn't find a checkered flag banner but did find stiff felt that was 2 pieces for $1.  So I bought three and cut three triangles out of each.  I'll hang them at the edge of the table like pennants.  This is SO much fun, planning his party!  I just have to keep a rein on myself so I don't spend too much money.  I can't wait to see his face when he sees all those cupcakes with little cars on them :)

We had to cancel our plans to go to the Zoo this coming Saturday because it's supposed to be 95*.  So I'm off to think up some more fun and interesting things to do for this weekend.
~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment