Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork!

Adoption involves a TON of papework!  I had to provide police background check, FBI fingerprints, tax return, house value, medical report to name a few.  There is also the home study where a social worker asks alot, and I mean ALOT of questions about you, your family, background, upbringing, etc.  People freak out about the paperwork, I just treated it like a checklist. For example:
Q: Growing up, what was your relationship like with your parents?
A: They were the boss, I wasn't.  Check.
Q: What is your relationship like now with your parents?
A: They didn't move without telling me or change the locks, so I'd say good. Check.
Q: What was your relationship like with your siblings growing up?
A: All six of us are still alive, so I'd say good.  Check.

On the questions went, in a personal interview, along with inspecting your house to make sure you don't live in a hovel.  Letters of reference went well (those payoffs didn't cost me too much - LOL) and sanity background...check!  Off the papers went to Russia to be translated, I was approved and the wait began.

I was told the wait would be around 15-18 months.....that's what I was told.......

No comments:

Post a Comment