Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Ears, Nose and Knees oh my!

Christian has had it rough the last week.  He's had a cold for a few days, cough and stuffy/runny nose. We've been blowing his nose for what seems every 15 minutes which has caused it to be sore.  So not only did he not want to blow his nose anymore because it hurt, it was draining down his throat making him cough so much he would gag.

We ended up in the ER Saturday night/Sunday morning at 1:00 a.m.  He has ear infections in both ears, apparently pretty bad.  The only symptoms were that night when he couldn't sleep, crying in pain, saying his ears hurt.  I guess he should have been in pain a few days before, but he has a pretty high pain tolerance level, so it didn't get to be too much for him until his ears were already pretty bad.  So after the ER we head to CVS to get the prescriptions filled then finally home at 2:00 a.m. and we also got ointment for his sore nose. The meds kicked in fast because by Sunday noon he was his ol' self again :)

Then Sunday night and Monday night he wakes up crying saying his knees hurt....growing pains.  So I rub his knees until he falls asleep and then drag myself back to bed. I don't drink coffee or tea so getting a boost of caffeine to get through the day isn't an option. I gave up soda for Lent which was my caffeine source, but I think I'm going to have to make a trade because some days I need that boost, I think God will understand :)

Hoping for an interrupted night's sleep tonight.
~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment